Monday, November 3, 2008

A break from vacation photos...

...for something important. Tomorrow we vote. The presidential election is making history and though I do have many opinions about who should become our next president, there is a proposition on the ballot here in California which is eliciting an even stronger emotional response in me. This is proposition 8 which "eliminates right of same-sex couples to marry". It would effectively write discrimination into our state constitution, which I think is wrong and frightening. This is the civil rights issue of my generation and I couldn't be more against this proposition. Last week I joined a group of protesters outside the republican headquarters in Petaluma. They have been plastering the city with "Yes on 8" signs and I just felt the need to get the other side heard. These are some photos from that day.











No comments: