Thursday, October 25, 2007

Extended family

Last weekend, Gabe, our friend Bonnie, and I went down to L.A. to visit some of our oldest and dearest friends. Becky and Nick just had a baby four months ago and this was our first time meeting him. We also were excited to see Deirdre, who is in the Peace Corps and has been living on the island of St. Lucia for the past year and a half. I love all these people so much, and I really do consider them family, so we thought it would be great to do a family portrait as we don't all get to be together that much. We went to Griffith park first and were forced out by the grumpy carousel man who accused me of being a commercial photographer and trying to steal from him (?!&%@!!! I almost hit him over the head with my tripod.), but then settled on Echo Park instead.

Top to bottom, left to right we are: Gabe, Bonnie, Me, Becky, Nick, Deirdre, baby Ari, Shaughn, Kevin, and Geralyn.





I also took some portraits of the happy new family. Here's one of pretty Becky by herself.
And the whole family.






How could you not love this baby?

Proud papa.
I know this one is a little out of focus, but I had to include it. Bonnie is notoriously uncomfortable with babies, but look at her smiling! Ari has that effect on everyone.

1 comment:

becky said...

best family photos ever!