Monday, September 15, 2008

France, days one and two.

We are finally in France! Our internet was down for almost a week so I have been chomping at the bit to get these up. Our first day in Bras D'asse was spent almost entirely in the adorable house that Fionnan's family was so kind to let us use. I spent a lot of time taking pictures of the cute, french country details all over the house.






That evening we had dinner at a local restaurant called La Toupinelle, and attempted our pathetic french to order food. It was a delightful night, and the waiter had a lot of fun at our expense.

The next day we spent the morning by the pool, and then had a big meal on the porch.
Qiana is adorable.
Here we are, left to right: Fionnan, Storey, Dre, Sari, Qiana, Bob, Gabe, Liz, and Summer!

Gabe took a nap while the rest of us went into Sisteron, a nearby town that is nestled amid some amazing cliffs and home to a very old and fascinating citadel.
Storey is also very adorable.
We took a little train through the town and up to the citadel.

When I was researching the Bras D'asse area before our trip I saw a picture of these cliffs and thought "I want to go there!" so I was thrilled to be able to see them in person.



The whole citadel was paved with these stones. Can you imagine trying to walk on this in high heels (not that I ever wear high heels, but still...)
Qiana loves to strike a pose.
There was a video to watch about the history of the citadel, and I just thought this little sign was cute.





Summer and Fionnan having a sweet moment.





The view of Sisteron from the top. Isn't it beautiful?






I know I am a big nerd about photos, but this is honestly one of my favorites from the whole trip.



When we returned to the house, we found Gabe still asleep (5 hours later!) I guess London really wore him out. More to come!

1 comment:

becky said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful. i want to live there...