Thursday, August 9, 2007

The great debate

The day we got together with my dad we visited the Sunset Line and Twine building in Petaluma. I had never even heard of this place, but it is apparently an interesting piece of local history. They are closing and everything inside was up for auction. As you could guess, I took about a million pictures of weird stuff. I could have spent hours more, but we had to be on our way at some point.

Many of these photos I took with my Canon digital camera, some I took with my Mamiya medium format that Gabe got me for my birthday this year (thanks Gabe! I love you. You are always pushing me to be a better version of myself). There is constantly a debate among photographers over which is better, film or digital. I think you all know where my allegiance lies (although, I have been taking advantage of the convenience of digital lately), but see if you can tell the difference between the two. I can!




















1 comment:

Jessamyn Harris said...

I think I can tell, but only cause I know which lenses you have for which camera format... I'm a dork.

super cool pix of this place! I've always known about it but never been inside. sad to see it go - isn't it going to be more overpriced condos (just what petaluma needs)?