Friday, August 31, 2007

Pee Wee Golf!

A word to the wise: don't try to drink beer, take photographs, and play miniature golf all at the same time. The result: pouring an entire beer all over your $700 camera. At least that is what happened to me last Saturday night at Pee Wee Golf in Guerneville. Santiago played a show there and while it was super fun (this place is crazy. It opened in 1948, floods every year, and is filled with the craziest sculptures), it was not my best night for cameras. I was shooting with my Mamiya for a little while until my lens just up and broke. Then I switched to my Canon and proceeded to pour my beer all over it. Luckily it seemed to survive the soaking, and while I didn't get any good shots of the band playing, I did get some great ones of the golf course itself. Here is one of two scary dinosaurs that guard over the holes:



These are some I cross processed (processing slide film as print film, which results in a negative you can print and the craziest colors). The results are always unpredictable, but I kinda like that about it.


No comments: